Crisis

Today, a post less related to Denmark and more related to me.

Being an expat, it is hard, really hard, reading the papers and watching the news every day and seeing how your country is going through a very hard time without you (or anyone, really) being able to do something about it.

People are tired. Exhausted. And what’s worse, desperate. I know there’s crisis-talk  all around Europe, and I know the situation in Greece, Portugal and/or Italy might be similar or worse. But hey, I’m not Greek, Portuguese or Italian (though If I was a religious person, my prayers would be with them too). I am Spanish (most specifically Catalan, but still belonging to Spain).

This is a video that shows how (what started like) peaceful demonstrations end up in Spain, lately:

A window into the situation in Spain

Policemen arbitrarily and randomly beating people up, masses getting scared and throwing stuff to policemen, people seeking refuge in a restaurant while its owner desperately tries to stop the most likely outcome from happening, couples getting shot from behind (with rubber balls, of course, but still extremely painful) as they walk away…

With an unemployment rate over 24%, VAT taxes rising astronomically (up to 21% in a lot of products, lets remember it’s 25% in Denmark), Universities being so expensive that most people can’t pay them anymore, reduced budgets in areas as important as Education or Healthcare (my grandmother has now to spend a fortune she doesn’t have in medicines every month)… how can people not be angry? What are they expected to do when whole families are being evicted from their homes because noone can land a job? Any job?

I know that its probably our own fault. Well, more like our government’s fault (corruption, stealing, lack of transparency and ridiculous salaries, bonuses and retirement plans). But now what?

Now a lot of people will try and get out. To countries like, for example, Denmark, where peace reigns. Where politicians are transparent (translucent at least), where it’s not impossible to get a job if you have spent most of your life qualifying for it, where people seem to receive what they work hard for, where there’s no euro.

And the ones who stay… my family, most of my closest friends… well, I might aswell start praying, because I can’t think of any other options.

By Natalia • September 26, 2012
Categories: , ,

1. Posted September 26, 2012 at 23:04 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

Dear Natalia

It saddens me to read this post. And what happens all around in southern europe is very sad.

Placing blame is of course difficult. I hope politicians, not just in Spain, Italy etc, but alco in northern europe, learn something from this.

Personally my thoughts mainly go towards Spain, in relation to this topic(not to demean what happens elsewhere). And I find it so sad that so many have to go abroad to earn a living(not that you’re not welcome here;-)) People from Sealand complain if they’re forced to work in Jutland….that seem like a “luxery-problem” compared to what is going on in Spain, Italy etc.

Even worse is the treatment of civilians, by the police. Mayby I’m naive, and have lived to sheltered – but how can it be? How can something like that happend in a country that in many ways seem modern and openminded. (That is my experience).

This brings me to a topic, that I’ve wanted to bring up, as a topic/question in your blog, but didn’t know if it stured up bad memories for you(not for you personally, but in regards to your relatives).

Is there a underlying violent streak, in the spanish nature? A streak that causes the police, and other authorities to act out violently in order to get their way? (I so hope I’m not offending you with this – it’s not my intention)

Because don’t get me wrong – I don’t see spaniards as violent people per see – but the authorities!! I’m speachless.

I so hope the best for the people who unintentionally got caught in all of this.

I then I bless my privileged life. I think that is okay.

Anne

2. Posted September 26, 2012 at 23:34 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

Just have to add, that my view on spanish authorities is based on more than this particular video. They’ve shown similar shots on danish tv several times in the past.

Also – where does Amnesty International stand on this? It’s police-violence againt civilians expresing their oppinion! (That’s what I see at least).

3. Posted September 27, 2012 at 00:56 by Ib51 | Permalink

Amazing, worrisome, revolting. Was it a pacific manifestation at the beginning (demonstrators seem not so aggressive)?
    I don’t think there is a violent streak in spanish nature, neither about police behaviour(they follow instruction of a government who fears street reactions and knows it is in dead end and they are not more and not less violent than in the rest of the world) neither demonstrators (who feels so angry because they feels hopeless and abandoned by their own state). I believe that many Danes, seeing these footages, think it’s inconceivable in Denmark … maybe, but I’m not sure. Aggressiveness is a a basically and natural reaction when you fear tomorrow, when you can’t imagine any exit, when you feel abandoned.
    I hope and believe Spaniards and Greeks will find in the future some better days. But when and at what price?
    Me and you are favoured people to live in France or in Denmark … it’s not the case of your relatives. I empathise with them and Spanish folk.
    Bruno.

4. Posted September 27, 2012 at 21:03 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

Hi Bruno

Please note that I wrote: “I don’t see spaniards as violent people per see – but the authorities!! I’m speachless…”

If I saw spaniards al violent people, I wouldn’t be so fond of them(and I am – a lot);-)

You make some very good and interesting points. Cause perhaps if there were a latent acceptance by the government of police-violence – it might happen here. I might be naive in believing that it is more or less inconceivable to happen here, than f.ex. in Spain.

Although there have been a couple of episodes where the police have treated some demonstrators too harsh! The reaction in the media, public and the government where equally harsh towards the police. The police get charged based on their violent behavior – and if it’s not clearly selfdefence -they go to jail themselves and might get to pay a compensation to the victims.

This has let to discussions on the limets the police have, and if that makes them more vulnerable. They always have to step carefully.

5. Posted September 27, 2012 at 21:06 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

To Natalia: Is there any reaction from the spanish government/authorities in regards to the police-violence? Or is it only the media and civilians that publicly take a stand?

6. Posted September 28, 2012 at 16:01 by Natalia | Permalink

Sorry guys it’s taken a bit to write back. Thursdays are very long days for me :P

So, point by point I’d like to answer to your many very interesting observations :)

- About a violent component in the Spanish nature (and don’t worry, no offense taken :) ), I agree with Bruno. The big difference (one of them at least) between Denmark and Spain is that Spaniards are scared. More than scared, terrified. In Denmark, you’re lucky enough you don’t have to worry about having a roof over your head and a meal on your table (as Danes, your government will support you if things get rough). In Spain, right now, people are getting evicted from their houses and forced to return to live with their parents (that are maybe on their 80s). More and more people everyday attends soup kitchens, people who used to have a job, whole families. Others, totally depend on food-banks and charity. So, when you have your most basic needs threatened this way (and not only yours, but your children’s), things can get a bit out of hand.

- The policemen are following orders, yes, but it’s ultimately them who decide how far will they go. They need to control a situation that is not easy, but the more they try to impose themselves by force, the more people will rebel. And lets face it, there’s a lot more demonstrators than police officers (although these last ones are better armed). The Government, most usually praises the police action.

- They start as peaceful demonstrations but unfortunately there’s always a very tiny minority that makes things go south. In Barcelona, for example, some burned trash containers. And that’s a fantastic excuse for policemen to start using brute force. But then, once they cross the line they use it indiscriminately against everyone.

It’s really harsh, but that’s reality. People is creating organisations to try and stop these things, but they don’t go far. This, for exaple, is a webpage of people who are trying to get the police to stop using rubber balls: http://stopbalesdegoma.org/
    If you could read it, you’d learn that only last year in Barcelona 3 guys lost an eye due to those projectiles. Another one was in the hospital for a week, where doctors feared for his life. And that’s only a couple of cases (there’s stories of kids being hit by them too).

I don’t see something like this happening in Denmark – at least for the time being. It’s a small country where the government seems to actually care for people. In Spain, all politicians care about is making money and do the minimum things so that they can maybe get reelected in the future. So, people are vulnerable.

Worst part is I don’t really see a solution and I can only imagine things getting worse.

Thank you both for your comments and thoughts :)

PS: I would say there is a certain Mediterranean tendency to be a bit over-expressive when it comes to feelings – including anger. There is a problem in Spain with domestic violence against women (67 confirmed deaths on 2011), for example (though in many cases it’s immigrants who are involved). It’s been a very misogynist country (women were worthless and only useful to bring kids to the world) for many years but it’s gotten better in the past 30-40 years or so.

7. Posted September 28, 2012 at 17:49 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

In Denmark it is the opposite. Domestic violence against women is increasing( again. It fell in the 50′s-60′s and started to rise again in the 00′s). And it is mainly the couples in their teens and 20′s. So called experts say, it is due to men being confused about their role in modern life. That the more independent women get- the more they are seen as a threat! A threat against the male role, as alfa male.

Again – In regards to the situations for the civilians – I so hope for the best. Although I get your scepticism.

8. Posted September 28, 2012 at 20:56 by Victor | Permalink

The major problem is that Spain’s economy has been many years strongly linked to the building sector, but now that is over. Since the spanish government has never thought long-term (it seems like they’re only interested in winning next elections), they have never concerned about investing in creating new sectors when things went well.

Now the government is taking desperate measures like rises in taxes (21% may seem low in Denmark, but Spain has one of the lowest minimum salary in Europe, slightly over 600 €/month …) that are only getting things worse…How people is supposed to pay more for everything if they have no job or their salary has been reduced?. I seriously think that if government’s policies don’t change drastically, it will take very long for Spain to get out of crisis.

9. Posted September 29, 2012 at 10:31 by Ib51 | Permalink

Indeed, south culture seems more expressive than north one. In scandinavian culture, personal feelings belong to the private sphere and have not to be expressed in public sphere (it’s why it could seem be so difficult for a foreigner to integrate danish society which could seem so closed at the first sight). In Denmark, it’s not usual to express it discontent into the street. They have other ways to express, legally, their disappointment.
    Besides, Danes seems to naturally trust State. In France, and probably in Spain, we are expecting help from State and, in the same time, we doubt about it honesty and it legitimacy. If, one day, Danes miss this trust, maybe a riot reaction could be possible … I don’t know.

About violence against women, I believe equality man-woman is well realised in the Danish society with, as consequence, a low rate of violence inter-sex. It seem to be not the case about conjugal violence (always this separation about private and public sphere). Some years ago I’ve been very surprised and disappointed to read that in Norway or Finland 20 percent of women said they had to face conjugal violence. See also the recent trial about a man who have abused his children during so many years. Perhaps violence is consubstanstial to our nature and only society pressure is able to counter this tendency against those who are weaker or those we think are weaker … Maybe I’m more optimist than you, Ann.
    Yet, I’m not sure our new role in the modern couple is responsible of this increase of conjugal violence. I’ve lived thirty years with a girl who was my equal … and it fit me well.
    B.

10. Posted September 29, 2012 at 14:12 by Natalia | Permalink

I unfortunately agree with Victor in the fact that it will take Spain a long time to get out of this. What worries me is that people are out of patience already, so who knows what’s gonna happen.

B. , I also agree with you on what you said about Scandinavians. It drives me crazy that sometimes I cannot really express my opinion freely because it’s considered rude or out of place. I am the type of person who can’t keep things inside, neither in private nor in public. That doesn’t mean I am going to make a scene in the middle of the street, but If I see someone behaving wrongly, or whatever, I’ll most likely say something. And most likely wanting that person to hear me. And Danes don’t like that.

About their trust in State… well, they trust it cause it works. In Spain, they don’t trust it because they have a lot of reasons not to. More and more each day. That might be an oversimplification of course, but a good reason nonetheless :P

Danes seem so stable when you see them on the street (again the public sphere dimension that you mentioned) that it’s hard to imagine they hit each other indoors. But who knows. About children, I think Denmark has very strict rules to protect them (another thing is that there’s someone to find out what’s going on in a particular household). In Spain, you will still hear a lot of people say that a little spank on the but on time, saves a lot of troubles later. :P

11. Posted September 29, 2012 at 16:22 by Ib51 | Permalink

No, I don’t believe Danes trust their State only because it works. They trust it because they think it’s the emanation or the representation of the whole society, thus of them selves.
    In our countries, with a Latin or Catholic background, we sees State as something which work for itself (or for God if I want to be kind) to which we have to obey without discussion or against whom -grammatical mistake? my english is not very fluent :-( - we have to fight.
    In Viking or Lutheran countries , State is rather seen as something which is under the responsibility of all the citizen and has a role of protector for the weaker, thus is at our own service. Moreover, authority principle seems to be something naturally accepted (suffered?) because this representative side of State and the feeling they can easily change it by democratic ways.

About child abuse, I believe laws in DK are very protective (as they are in our countries). What seems to work wrong is the heaviness of this wide machine which is State. In some case of child abuses, some descriptions have be done before but the defendant has been able to escape from a trial, just by moving in an other region … amazing isn’t it?

About State role in the current society, read this article: http://www.cphpost.dk/news/national/big-mother-will-watch-over-you

B.

12. Posted September 30, 2012 at 16:35 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

To Ib51. My name is Anne ;-) . And please don’t state that your more optimistic than me. You are not qualified to put those words in my mouth. I don’t see that what I wrote, as a sign of being a pessimist. I just stated a fact. That’s the problem of putting things into writing – it gets misunderstood;-)

To Natalia: I actually get what you mean about danes not making a scene in public. I have four siblings, and one of my brothers and me are extremely high-tempered, and family/friends have made an effort teaching us that our reactions were WRONG. So I felt wrong. So I’ve been taught, that it is okay to tell people of, but is should be done respectfully and without yelling. You know Assertive Communications. Sometimes that word makes me fell like gagging (pardon my langauge).

13. Posted September 30, 2012 at 17:11 by Natalia | Permalink

Well, I wasn’t talking only about making scenes (I find that a bit too Hollywood-like), but about making any kind of comments on someone else’s behaviour or whatsoever.
    I am very much capable of saying things respectfully and without losing my temper (with a dose of sarcasm, though), but I find, that is also considered incorrect/rude.
    Any sort of meddling/interference into someone else’s life seems to have to be avoided at all costs.
    But hey, maybe that’s just my very personal vision on it, and I’m far from being right :P

14. Posted September 30, 2012 at 18:10 by Ib51 | Permalink

Undskyld mig Anne, it was a kind of joke. I understood you well. Figures say violence against women increase in Denmark … it’s that fact which is pessimistic. If I’m rather optimist, it because I believe (I want to believe) social, political or legal pressure will reverse the tendency.
    Please, continue to write, it’s me who have to disappear.
    B.

15. Posted September 30, 2012 at 21:49 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

Oh, it is a bad day for me and communication. I didn’t mean to simplify your point Natalia, and imply that you’re not respectfull. I have no way of knowing that.

And I made myself sound like a walking bomb.

So, the bomb will now bid you good night.

Buenas noches – que duermas bien.

16. Posted October 3, 2012 at 15:19 by Natalia | Permalink

Oh, please, B. don’t go anywhere! Noone here needs to dissappear.
    It’s really hard to put one’s thoughts down on words so it’s easy to be misunderstood.
    But we’ve “known” each other for a bit, so I’m sure we can work through the misexpressions :)

I didn’t think you were implying anything, Anne, I was just detailing my personal situation so that it was more easily pictures :P

17. Posted October 8, 2012 at 13:13 by Natalia | Permalink

I do not think it’s coincidental at all. I don’t know what the Guidstones have to do with it, but I am positive the crisis is global because the world is global. What happens in one place, has an effect of what happens everywhere else because of the different relations among countries (specially those united under the Euro, which are the ones facing more problems now). Countries and nations are not isolated systems anymore, so we cannot expect crisis to stay secluded in one territory (even though in some places the impact has been bigger than in others).

18. Posted October 9, 2012 at 09:57 by ib51 | Permalink

I don’t see, as you Natalia, any link between the current crisis and theses stones (sometimes, USA seems to me very strange).
    Rather the consequence of a conspiracy plot, this crisis is, in my opinion, the last jolts of a society based only on consumption. We (in fact you, because me, I’m on the other side of the hill which take to my end) ought to find a new deal and new goals and I believe you will find it (you see, Anne, I’m an optimist :-) ).
    As we see that Money can’t stay our leader and as we know, since Nietzsche, that God is dead, we have to search an other justification to our personal and economical behaviour … but what kind of deal (maybe a solidarity-based society)?
    I don’t think crisis is worse in euro-zone. Of course, in Greece and in Spain, it seems to be more rough and violent. But I don’t believe the situation in Eastern area, in Africa or in America is better.
    B.

19. Posted October 9, 2012 at 17:29 by Natalia | Permalink

I have read a bit about these stones and I still don’t see the connection. Maybe you could provide us with a link or a reference so we can form an informed opinion? :)

I agree with you, B., that the crisis is the result of a system collapsing on itself, because it was built on the wrong basis. Again, consumerism and competency are, in my opinion, so innate to human nature that I don’t see what kind of society will re-emerge from this. I know, I am skeptical. And how are we supposed to find new goals without the experience of the wise ones that have been here a bit longer? ;)

You are right that there are places in the world that are in worse condition that the eurozone (of course), but I meant that, within Europe, those countries with Euros are a bit worse (see how Norway, Sweeden or Denmark are better off than their Scandinavian neighbours Finland, for example).

20. Posted October 9, 2012 at 18:26 by ib51 | Permalink

I’m not sure Finland is in a so bad condition, compared to Dk and S. but I’ve not some much data about this country.
    I’ve read a lot of articles which explain why being into eurozone is bad but I’ve never been convinced. Of course they have the theoretical freedom to devaluate their currency but these one are so tied to euro. On the other hand they apply economical directives from Brussel as we do in the eurozone. Maybe, they have began to be aware of the weight of their spending before us and it’s why they are less hit (but wait to see).
    In my opinion, as someone who is unqualified about economic issues, I like euro and I’ve never been nostalgic for my prior “Francs” . I feel angry at each time I come to Dk, to need to wallets, one for euro when I’m in Germany, Luxembourg when I’m on the way til hjem and one when I arrive to Denmark. Moreover, I think it’s a step to an european integration … I don’t know if I’m a world citizen, yet I don’t feel either a French citizen, but I fell I’m an European citizen.

To Dave, I don’t think USA are crazy. They looks sometime strange or amazing for us who lived on the eastern side of the Atlantic. I’ve read the Wikipedia article about these stone and the link with the current crisis don’t make sense for me. I agree with Natalia, give us some explanations

B.

21. Posted October 9, 2012 at 19:05 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

Hi B

Well, you identify yourself as european, more that french.

I do not identify myself as european at all. And I would be horrified, if my surroundings changed in a way, that would indicate that I foremost were a european, and second danish.

I agreee that Denmark joining the Euro would definetely be a step towards european integration (for Denmark in this case). But what you need to realise, is that the sense of a european identity is not so common in Denmark. And that is okay :-)

I personally voted no to the Euro, both times. I think we are united more than enough
    in Europe. And people can feel angry, irritated etc etc. over having to exchange value when arriving here, but no one is forcing anyone to come here. When in Rome right :-)

Nationality may have a lot to do with it – Since Denmark joined the european union, things have remained status quo. To other countries things (untill now) have improved. Granted, I have no way of knowing the situation, if we were not a part of the union.

Also finansial experts claim that the basis on which the Euro is build, is full of flaws in the construction. And that combined with the same experts claiming that had Greece, Spain etc. not been in the euro, the problems would not have come as far as they are today. F.x. if Greece had not had the euro but Drachmar instead, would Greece at a much earlier stage would have found it difficult to finance its budget deficit. In other words: the crisis had not been so severe.

Well, that is a my perspective – a dane who totally respects the europeans opinion:-)

Anne

22. Posted October 10, 2012 at 21:16 by Natalia | Permalink

As you pointed out, I would have to see the big picture, which I don’t at the moment. To me, the crisis is the result of a lot of people in power positions that have been focusing all their efforts in making money for themselves, at the cost of the poor ones. I don’t see a deliberate plan in the way of “lets provoke a crisis so that we can take power of the world” more a “As long as I get richer, who cares what happens to the rest?”. And that ambition, that selfishness, is unfortunately intrinsic to human nature. But we could go on a on disagreeing forever, so lets just agree to disagree :)

23. Posted October 10, 2012 at 21:52 by ib51 | Permalink

@ Anne. Yes I feel European before being French. I’m French only because my parents were French and I was born in France. It’s something which has been given to me. Of course there is a lot of nice places in France, yet there is also a lot of nice places elsewhere (Andalusia, Carpathian mountains, Bavaria, eastern cost of Jutland, Limfjord, Møns klint … and I forget a lot). My mind has been marked by Epicure from Greece, Montaigne from France, Nietzsche from Germany, Kierkegaard from Denmark, my Christian cultural background (even if I’m an atheist or an agnostic) … and I forgot a lot. I’ve learnt Europe with Maurice Schumann, Konrad Adenauer (no more war between two countries which have shared so much things!) and Kohl. France and French people are nice but not more than Denmark and Danish people. Sure, each country has it own culture and we can prefer one instead of the other. Personally, I feel more close to Scandinavian culture and it social organisation, especially the Danish one (even if I note some aspects of the Danish culture don’t fit me totally). By the way, I’ve voted “yes” to Maastricht treaty because I thought it could lead to an scandinavian type of organisation of Europe (a mix of economical rigour and equalitarianism) … I was wrong and it’s not really the way European leaders took … but I stay an convinced European (moreover, I’m too old to change). And don’t forget we are only tenants of this little piece of earth we call “our birth country”
    About those who are not forcing to come to Denmark, think to those who have to come to Dk to work or those, like me, who sentimentally need to come twice or three times a year to visit my family in-law and recharge my inner batteries?
    B.

24. Posted October 10, 2012 at 22:17 by ib51 | Permalink

@Dave. Sorry, but I’m not convinced yet … But I’ll try to think to that again.
    @Natalia. In you post written at 17h29 the 9th of october, you said consumerism and competency are innate to human nature. I’m not sure consumerism (the will to always buy more and more things, without any rational reason, with just the feeling we need it) is not a human trait. Perhaps we need to consume to cope, but no more. By competency, do you mean competition?
    B.

25. Posted October 10, 2012 at 22:52 by Dave | Permalink

Natalia, I would appreciate it if you can delete all my comments on this topic for security reasons thanks, dave

26. Posted October 10, 2012 at 23:50 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

Hi B ;-)

Name-dropping aside, I agree with you :) We are all products of our time, place and the things layered in our mind and soul. (This topic it difficult to pin out in this forum). More than feling like a dane, I feel like a spirit(not in the ghost way – but in “human being” kind of way). I know and understand that nationalities are tecnical terms, used by mankind. But I also see the national realms having a function.

In a way, I hope that one day, I get the chance to meet you in person, and talk about these very interesting subjects – Cause you seem very intelligent and interesting:)

I’m affraid I’m not sure I quite understand what you wanted to say in the end of your latest post. But I would like to add, that I understand some come here out of necessity – and others cause they feel sentimental, are in love etc. etc.

But that is to me irrelevant in regards to having to change currency….so I assume you referred in a broader sense :-)

You are free of course to have and voice your own opinion. But at the end of the day, I hope you also respect the choice of the population, and their right to decide for themselves the “tapestry” of their own country (cause at first, that’s not what I read into your writing). I love that there are nations that don’t just abide to everything.

Anne

27. Posted October 11, 2012 at 08:00 by ib51 | Permalink

@Anne. I like your humour sense (danish humour sense?) … yet, it’s sometime nice to be called “intelligent and interesting” :-)
    My English is not very fluent (or it’s my way of thinking which is not fluent enough) and I apologise for that . I’ve just began to really learnt English ten years ago and it’s not so easy to do than when we are twenty :-( . Yet, you understood me well.
    About name-droppings, as an occidental pige, you have been necessary influenced, directly or indirectly, by these people.
    About currency, you are right and, as you, I respect other choices. Moreover, these varieties of choice are respectable and necessary … what could be the interest of Europe if, from Northern Cap to Gibraltar we meet an only one kind of thinking? … It would be too monotone and boring. In fact, I wrote mainly for the fun of discussing. Incidentally, I’ve noticed last week that Sydbank i Kolding delivers euro in their automats.
    Kh.
    B.

28. Posted October 11, 2012 at 11:05 by Natalia | Permalink

Hi B, you’re right, I did mean “competition”. And you say your English is not good? ;P

As for consumerism, I’ll tell you what I’ve witness that makes me thing like that. We have a pretty famous electronic store called “Media Market”. Well, two days a year, they offer their products, tax-free. Now, Spain is in a deep crisis and a lot of families are going through hard times, but those two days everyone seems to forget about it. Those two days, that store is CROWDED the whole day, and you see people coming out all the time with huge plasma TVs, laptops and all sorts of things. Things, most of them probably don’t need. That’s where my impression comes from :P

Dave, I will proceed to delete all your comments on this post now, under your request :) (except for the one where you ask me to delete them, just to prove that it wasn’t me deleting them by own choice against your will :P )

29. Posted October 11, 2012 at 15:56 by Dave | Permalink

Thanks Natalia, You are a nice person. Don’t worry I want them removed you are not at fault in any way.

30. Posted October 11, 2012 at 17:19 by Anne Ehrenskjold | Permalink

:( But I meant i B! That I find you interesting and intelligent – that weren’t my Danish Humor ;-) Otherwise – that comment would be mean! And I may be many things – but not mean;-)

Anne

31. Posted October 11, 2012 at 23:10 by ib51 | Permalink

In my opinion, addiction to consumption is a trait of stressed, unfulfilled and unhappy people. Of course, to cope, we have to consume (we need oxygen, water and some organic things to live) but excessive consumption is not necessary if we are fundamentally happy (by the way, Danes seem to be some big consumers … thus, are they the happiest people they are said? … interesting, isn’t it).
    Consumption (drug, alcohol, food, cars, electronic devices, sex …) could be a good therapy when we feel anxious, dissatisfied or simply bad. I know some people say dissatisfaction is natural and necessary for us and is what allow us progress (they say it’s because we are not completely satisfied that we discover always new things, new concepts and thus make progresses). Yet, in my opinion again, it’s not our dissatisfaction which lead to human progress but only our natural curiosity.
    Of course I put aside those who have mental illness or who have been cheated by non honest advertising (yet, honest advertising could be considered as a non-sense :-) ).
    All this to try to explain why your Spanish compatriots,in that county which sink, can run massively into supermarket to buy unneeded things as long as they still own some little money … they are unsatisfied and anxious. To be honest, I don’t think it’s the only one reason …. but it could be one.

To be more lightweight, @ Anne: you made me becoming as red as a young girl … no, I joke … I’m not neither young, nor a girl. But thanks , even it’s excessive and undeserved :-) .
    B.

32. Posted October 17, 2012 at 10:03 by Aleksandra Goinska | Permalink

Hej Natalie.

It drives me crazy when I see it! It totally reminds me of a video I have seen not so long time ago. When you have 2h free, get yourself a nice coffee and watch that!

I really can not believe what is going on in here..

Aleksandra

33. Posted October 17, 2012 at 16:09 by Dave | Permalink

Alexksandra, I see you are awakened. That is why I mentioned the Georgia Guidestones before. I think if people really knew what was happening they would have real causes for concern. Ask yourself just how does all of them steroid shots all across the USA end up getting meningitis in them? An accident is one thing in a small location but when an entire supply of steroid shots becomes contaminated there is a reason to be concerned especially when no one is prosecuted and jailed after it happens. It seems a consistent pattern is happening. Giving the first commandment on the Georgia Guidestones relevancy.

34. Posted October 18, 2012 at 21:42 by Aleksandra | Permalink

Hi Dave,

I guess I am. So I understand your will to delete the comments on this post. Who knows, who’s reading that.

I youtubed Georgia. Nice evening ahead.

Aleksandra

35. Posted October 19, 2012 at 16:00 by Dave | Permalink

Hi Aleksandra, No I am not too worried about who reads what I just wrote they really cannot find fault in it, it is what it is. The way I see it the truth is the truth. I just like to be a little careful with the internet I don’t really trust it’s purpose although it can be used for good it can also be used for bad. I saw the video link you put up, all I can say is wow it revealed it’s ugly head again. The beast is really ugly at heart. It’s like looking at Rome during it’s heyday, Not much different just new armor. Everything today is sold to be something it isn’t. And people are so gullible they just take it all in. My view is, stay informed but stay safe there is no changing this beast only God can and will do that.. The principle of authority did not come about by itself. There are higher authorities above those we see. In the end they will answer to these.

Dave