Work in Denmark

Yes, that’s precisely what many people wants to do. This post, though, is about Workindenmark, the public employment service.

They can be found at www.workindenmark.dk or in their centres in Aarhus, Copenhagen and Odense. They offer services for both companies and, most important, job-seekers.

For me, it made a huge difference to be able to get some advice and feedback on my CV and Cover Letters. Finding a job here can be very overwhelming sometimes.

My reccomendations are:

1. Register your CV at their CV bank. Important: Do it thoroughly, be detailed, and update it from time to time. Your CV is your letter of presentation to the companies (and the recruiters!) and they have to want to hire you.

2. Attend their CV and Cover Letter seminar. You might think that you know how to write it but maybe you don’t!

3. Swing by one of their centres to see if they have some free time! (I don’t know about the other cities, but in Aarhus, if the International Citizen Service is open, then for sure there will be someone there to help you!)

There will be also attending the Carrier Days fair, 7th March in Aarhus, 8th in Odense, 9th in Copenhagen.

Don’t miss the chance to get some help! :)

By Natalia • March 4, 2012
Categories: , , , , ,

1. Posted June 2, 2012 at 23:00 by Aleksandra Goinska | Permalink

Hi Natalia:) I recommended your post to my readers on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Me-You-UCN-Blog/380766608608895 , hope its ok!:)
    Regards,

Aleks

2. Posted June 3, 2012 at 08:12 by Natalia | Permalink

It’s more than ok! :)
    Thanks a lot for the reccomendation, it will hopefully help someone ^^

Regards,

Natalia

3. Posted September 23, 2012 at 09:06 by Jordan Baldi | Permalink

Hola Natalia!

Me llamo Jordano e soy de Miami,Florida. Si soy abogado aqui en America, puedo tranferir para abogado en Denmark?

Tambien hablo ingles!

Thanks!

Jordan

4. Posted September 23, 2012 at 12:40 by Natalia | Permalink

Bueno Jordan,

supongo que depende de qué tipo de abogado seas (quiero decir, que para ciertas cosas uno tiene que conocer la ley danesa, obviamente).

Te recomiendo que envíes un email a la gente de workindenmark (puedes encontrar información de contacto en su web) con más detalles sobre qué tipo de trabajo te interesaría, y ellos te pueden aconsejar mejor :)

También le puedes echar un vistazo a la siguiente página:

Quizás te aclare algunas dudas!

You’re welcome! :)

5. Posted January 5, 2013 at 16:48 by Mukesh Sharma | Permalink

Hi NAtalia, i am 36/ M/ from India, Can u help me out to find a job in Copenhagen / near by. I am a professional in Sales & MArketing

6. Posted January 5, 2013 at 20:30 by Natalia | Permalink

I am sorry, but I don’t see how I can help. I suggest you contact the Workindenmark center in the Copenaguen area and get advice from them :)

7. Posted January 30, 2013 at 06:13 by Ramkumar | Permalink

hai Natalia

Can u help me to get in with work permit in denmark(immigration through Government not with agencies)

8. Posted February 3, 2013 at 12:02 by Natalia | Permalink

I am sorry, but there’s nothing I can do about that. All the information I could give you is found in http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/

Best of luck with your application :)

9. Posted August 14, 2013 at 18:57 by vicky | Permalink

Hi Natalia

First of all thank you for your information, is it necessary to learn the danish language to get job in denmark.

10. Posted August 16, 2013 at 20:19 by Natalia | Permalink

Hi Vicky,

You’re welcome :) And yes, unless you are working for one of the very big companies, whose main language is English – and in that case Danish would still be very useful in social relations – it is very hard to find a job with no knowledge of the Danish language.

11. Posted October 9, 2013 at 12:54 by Amnay | Permalink

Hi Natalia

first thing, thank you for all this useful information and your presence, I’m a graphic designer from morocco and I have 2 years experience, and really hope to continue my studies in Copenhagen, if you know some information about how can I go there a will be thankful.
    NB: I have already my mom there she lives in Copenhagen for more than 10 years.:)

12. Posted October 9, 2013 at 14:42 by Natalia | Permalink

Hi Amnay,

I think the best you can do is visit http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/ (that’s the English version). There’s a lot of information about coming to Denmark :) Hope it will help!

13. Posted October 13, 2013 at 22:55 by Amy | Permalink

I think its quite difficult to find a workplace where work culture is as per your expectations.

14. Posted October 14, 2013 at 15:50 by Natalia | Permalink

Well, that depends on what your expectations are of course! Maybe it’s better (although impossible) not having any at all! :)

15. Posted November 20, 2013 at 18:58 by Mavi | Permalink

Well I’ve a friend she’s I think 64 I’m sure. She’s on her 60’s. She’s planning to move to Europe, she wants to start up business, a restaurant.

Question, I wonder if English is a language that she may use as part to communicate with others?. What about the possibility to invest and buy a property?

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!!!

Have a great day.

Mavi

16. Posted November 21, 2013 at 22:38 by Natalia | Permalink

Well, I’d say that would pretty much depend on where in Europe she’s planning on moving! I would guess each country has some websites where one can find that type of information. When it comes to Denmark, try http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/ or https://www.workindenmark.dk/en/Find_information/Information_for_job_seekers :)

Hope it helps, sorry I cannot provide any specifics!

Good day to you too!

17. Posted December 28, 2013 at 14:05 by Xisca | Permalink

Natalia, what do you exactly refer to by “Attend their CV and Cover Letter seminar”. Do you have any specific suggestions?

Many thanks in advance, Xisca.

18. Posted December 29, 2013 at 18:43 by Natalia | Permalink

Work In Denmark (www.workindenmark.dk) organizes CV and Cover Letter Seminars. I think International Community Aarhus (you can find them on Facebook) also does that :)

19. Posted December 30, 2013 at 07:14 by Mukesh Sharma | Permalink

Hi Natalia, how do u do

is it possible to locate a job in Denmark while residing in INDIA , I m from INDIA & I wish to reloacte in DENMARK, NORWAY, GERMAN etc . will u guied & help me out for this