My little brother is 12 years old. Soon he will be a teenager and things might get more difficult. I love to spend time with him, but I must admit that too often we hang around digital devices playing games. In my opinion that does not strengthen my relationship with him. Nor does it add value to his or my life. Instead one should spend time together, exploring, learning and experimenting.
Free activities versus paid ones
It is a fact that most suggested activities by tourist offices are centered around paid ones. Have a look at Visit Copenhagens list of attractions for kids or a similar list from Visit Denmark. All 10 activities from Visit Copenhagen are paid activities. Visit Denmark suggest 10 paid activities and 3 free ones.
Free activities for kids in Copenhagen
Let us keep things simple. Here are my 5 suggestions of the greatest activities in Copenhagen with kids – and they are all free
1) Go to “Strøget” and enjoy the musicians, comedians and other street artists
2) Enjoy a free dip in the water at Islands Brygge or one of the many other outdoor pools in Copenhagen
3) Take a trip to Bakken Amusement Park – the entrance if for free
4) Eat free tasters in Illum, Magasin or at Torvehallerne
5) Go to one of the outdoor gyms and play around like monkeys
I hope you enjoyed the list. Having fun does not necessarily cost money.