wake up Jensen Dane!

I cannot say this too many times, but people like Mogens Camre (Dansk Folkeparti) makes me feel so ashamed of the Danish people as a Swede can.

Those who speak danish can read further here about the reasons why (and those who don’t, maybe it’s just as well):

Don’t get me wrong, we’ve got idiots like this in Sweden too. They’re just not possessing any office power.

(I’ve been asked to explain myself a bit further.

No I cannot respect a man who says Muslims are planning to take over Europe and that other people are inferior to Danes. That is pure and simply racism and it makes me think more of Nazi Germany than democracy and mutual respect for other people’s differences. A man like that should have nothing to do within the European Parliament or within any other office power. It’s just as simply as that.)

By Jenny Kjellbom • May 13, 2009

1. Posted May 14, 2009 at 4:16 pm by John Jessen | Permalink

I do not disciminate against religions, race nor nationality. How could I after living in 16 countries across 4 continents and many times returning more than once to one of those countries? I believe in integration and as a result, I speak 6 languages. However, anyone who reads this contribution from Jenny should also look at this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU – If I were welcomed with open arms to any European country where the State offers me more than anything I could ever dream of at home, then sure, why not? But then I should integrate and not complain, or burn cars on the streets of Paris, or blow up buses in London. Otherwise, I should just go back home. The fault rests with us, the hosts and not the guests. Guests should respect their hosts’ home – and Islam preaches this too. Why do so many northern europeans live lonely in cities? Why are we so self centred and concerned with our “freedom” and “personal space”? How about we make more babies to look after our own future, instead of outsourcing our future by importing other cultures?… I have 3 children and encourage more young Europeans to strengthen the concentration of our culture, which otherwise sadly risks further dilution and then one day, we will have no voice in our own home.

2. Posted May 15, 2009 at 10:35 am by Jenny | Permalink

John,
    you go ahead and get scared of that fright propaganda that that Youtube clip provides, I think it’s more frightening that the discussion still seems to be about “us” vs “them”. I agree that when you are a visitor or guest in another country, you have to respect that country’s laws and rules even though you might not agree with it. In a democratic society we have to learn how to live close to eachother with mutual respect and stop acting as if there’s a growing unstopable force (e.g the Muslims) that are planning to, with or without armed force, take over “our” world.
    I do not agree with alot of the Islamic teach, especially when it comes to women’s right and homosexuality, but still, there are alot of Christians also that shares those opinions with the Islamic teach. Even in Sweden for example there are alot of priest that think women should not be aloud to become priests or want to marry gay couple. Should I then become worried about the Christians wanting to take over the world?
    I belive in a Democratic society but also in human rights and acceptance in differences, regardless from whom I may come, Muslims, blacks, ateists. We have to learn how to live side by side without trying to “win” someone over to our own side, learning from eachothers cultures in harmony and peace.
    I do not buy that shit that our culture is dying beacuse we’re not giving birth to enough babies. Our culture has and will always be in change. Otherwise there still would be Vikings running around in Copenhagen. Wouldn’t that be a sight?

3. Posted June 1, 2009 at 11:49 am by June | Permalink

Integration and assimilation are fine, but denmark makes seemingly forces it upon. I am in Indian ( Who diesnt live in DK)and this is where I shared my view on the dansk folkeparti. http://shetalkslikejune.com/?p=1528

4. Posted June 3, 2009 at 7:23 am by Peter Andreas | Permalink

You are not alone with your shame, Jenny.

P.

5. Posted June 14, 2009 at 4:54 pm by Nicolas Krebs | Permalink

“However, anyone who reads this contribution from Jenny should also look at this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU” (John Jessen)

See a debunk of this faked video (although funny, especially the 8.1 children/woman fertility rate of Muslims in France) in Tiny Frog, Muslim Demographics, 2009-05-03, and Duncan Macleod, Muslim Demographics on YouTube Abuse of Statistics, 2009-05-11.

6. Posted June 15, 2009 at 10:30 am by Jenny Kjellbom | Permalink

I’m happy to hear there are people out there with common sense that are not scared of the fright propaganda of that “Muslim Demographics” Youtube clip.
    Thanks June, Peter and Nicolas for the contribution.
    We must fight fear and ignorance every day.

7. Posted July 10, 2009 at 12:22 am by kelly | Permalink

John,
    The men who blew up buses and tubes in London were BORN in Great Britain. Let me put it another way. They WERE British. Another way: there was no other “home” to go to.

You cannot tell people who have lived in a country all their lives “integrate or piss off” you just can’t.

And let us un-pick what you mean by “integrate”… do you mean “make two halves into a greater whole” or “be like the host culture in every discernible way”.

Also, the “I HAVE LIVED IN A LOT OF COUNTRIES SO DO NOT THINK I AM EVEN RACIST” argument will not wash with an expat, I thought I was fairly liberal and groovy until I moved countries and now I am probably more patriotic and more intolerant of one particular race than I ever thought myself capable of.

Jennys blog

Jenny Kjellbom

28-year-old Swede located in Copenhagen who just can't get enough of that Smørrebrød.